Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How 'bout A "Dream Job?"

The "FUN FARM"








The Santa Paula Canyon is beautiful at any time of day, but especially when the sun just goes down behind the mountain.

I loved my Vet Tech job at Dr. Mike's. It was hard, but exciting. I didn't ever relax because I was so afraid of making a mistake and hurting an animal. There's a lot to know, and so much I don't even know.... I NEED to know!


I have found the best part-time job next to babysitting my nieces and nephews. I love these ponies, everyone of them, even Tar. There's the excitement of learning all of this, too. My great great grandfather taught ponies and donkeys tricks as my great grandpa Joe. I didn't know he was in the circus with his trick horses and also did acting during the depression.

I read and watch everything I can about training equines. I do have my favorite trainers and hope to take some seminars when they get closer to California.


Ponies are great really! There's super smart (most of them) and I think they love me. It's not even really a job, we just play together. I wanna' ride one soooo bad. The Little black cow-pony, she's wide and such a stinker. The stud here is a buckskin with a heart star on his forehead. How cute, huh? The buckskin, I'm working here, is a mare. She's probably related to the stallion.


The new filly, little Button, is going to be a miniature and it's just so hard not to watch her while I'm there. She is funny! I couldn't dream of a better place to work. I pray for cool weather so I can work with them longer.

1 comments:

Steve & Pam Colvard said...

We LOVE having you here. You have done amazing things with our ponies.
Thank You for your dedication.