Sunday, January 31, 2010

My update!



The Newest Update:
Guess? I did get Student Life Activities Vice President, nope that's not it. But something happened.



I have now been away from home for about four weeks. During this time I have been focusing on ME. Well that's all I have to focus on. I don't have family really close by, I left my nieces and nephews at home with all of my favorite animals, and my mom and dad are not here to wake me or tell me when to go to bed. :)
There are so many things that I would love to share about my experiences so far while being "AWAY" at college. However; there is one thing that has influenced my life and made me happy while being away from home. And that is the connection I have with the other members of the church, and Heavenly Father. I am so happy to be around some amazing members of the church. Today I woke up said my prayer, and was so happy that it was Sunday. The classes today gave me great comfort with questions I had been asking myself about. And by the end of the 3rd hour I realized that it is time to go to the temple. I happily went to the temple prep class today. I was amazed at how strong the spirit was during that hour. Instantly when I sat down I was over whelmed with comfort and happiness. I was so honored to be taught by a brother that served in the same mission as my dad. He does the sealings at the Manti temple. He has so much amazing knowledge. I can't wait to go back next Sunday to hear more from this amazing man.

So with that, my testimony has grown just today about the Holy Ghost and how much of a comforter he is to those that are worthy of him. Each day here at Snow College I am touched by simple things that others do for me. Like paying .50 to dry my laundry then the angel folded it for me. Thank you who ever you are! I know the church is true not just here, but all over the world.

I miss you family! I can't wait to see you in March. But know that I am happy here, and learning SO much about myself as well as agriculture! :)

Love,
Kiely

6 comments:

Breeda said...

Oh Kiely!!! I wish I could give you a huge hug and tell you how EXTREMELY HAPPY I am for you!!!

:D

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Love you Kiely!
-Susanna

Susan said...

Oh Kiely,I really don't have words. I love you and my greatest joy is your beautiful and amazing testimony of the Gospel. You are home and happy. I miss you so very, very much, but Heavenly Father is giving me the strength I need to let you go. I love you and this update is not only a huge surprise, but beautifully written.(You blogged?) Have the most wonderful time of your life! Mom

The Knappy Crew said...

Wahoo!!!! I am so glad you love it! You are amazing

jenkinsfamliypost said...

what a great post! i totally missed it, 5 weeks ago and i am just now getting to read it! i am so proud of you. keep it up. can't wait to see you NEXT week.

Susan said...

what? There's no update, update! At least you could show us a picture of your hand. I love you and sooooo happy for you and Matt. He is your perfect match. Did you tell him that you prayed for your eternal companion while he served his mission? That is a really sweet thought, if you think about it. Love you both and mean it! Mom