Friday, September 11, 2009

Me, Myself, and I

THREE THINGS THAT PUT COLOR IN MY LIFE


I'm Kiely Lazenby, I was born and raised in Santa Paula, on a ranch, and have loved every minute of it. I have been really fortunate to have grown up with a big family. My dad's favorite saying is “ I have six kids. All of them are boys except for five of them.” I am eight years younger than the sister above me. Which has been awesome because I've been the only child at home for eight years. Which is where my newest nickname came from the S.S. The spoiled sister.

Like the sister above me we love to dance. And after she quit dancing I continued to compete and dance and I began to love it more and more. Now my life goes black and white when I don't have dance in my life. Something is missing in my life when I am not able to express my self on the dance floor.




I love agriculture, I was in FFA in HS and I was able to raise enough money to pay for the first two years of college by raising beef cattle for the Ventura County Fair. I was hired at a Equine Hospital which gave me the chance to buy a horse which made my life so amazing. I give her so much attention and time which has really paid off because she has become my companion. Each morning I wake up and open the door and call for her “Sahara” and she calls back to me. She takes the black and white out of my day and makes all the colors in the world brighter than ever.




My dogs know that after I call to Sahara I go to their pen to let them out next. I always try to sneak up on them but they always know when I am right about there. I get them super excited to get out of their pen. By that time they are hyped up they battle after I let them out on who I pet first. My dogs are great. Two totally different sizes. One is full of energy and skinny and the other is short and chubby. The dogs give me the loyalty and friendship that takes my days from black and white to bright and happy.